Sunday, February 26, 2017

Why is the rum gone?

It's been an odd few weeks. I started feeling off about two weeks ago, but didn't have a fever so I figured my body was angry about me trying to skip a period via the pill. But last week Monday the cold symptoms set in, and I've just felt gross and run down all this week, too.
I had my marketplace sale, and while the customer turnout was abysmally low (I think most brewery patrons that day didn't even know there was a sale in the adjacent room) I actually made three sales, and only one of them was a person I knew xD WS swung by and bought a galaxy pendant for herself (I didn't have any good photos as they were earlier work that I dug up for the sale), a tiny blue sea dragon for her daughter to give someone, my Up North lake landscape magnet, and several Starry Night magnets. I didn't let her pay me much for the magnets, as they were my first attempts and were kind of sloppy.
I just participated in my second monthly Spotlight Market Night sale on Facebook, and both months (each artist can list a single item) my item sold! This month I made a glowing flower fairy (electric candle and glow in the dark clay). I haven't made human figures in a long time and I wasn't really happy, but she got snatched up 13 minutes after I posted the listing. THIRTEEN MINUTES! The right publicity is everything, eh?
I hate that Blogger won't let me post photos from my phone anymore. It's part of why I haven't had good picture posts of late. For the moment I'm sharing some from my artist page on FB, but those links tend to stop working over time. I'm trying to decide if I want to let Google "store" (access) my photos just so I can post them here. There is no privacy anywhere anymore.
This weekend we got all seven adulty-adults from theater together! I think there's been some degree of gathering each Saturday for the last month, but one night it was just Props Master's girlfriend, CB, SO, and me, and last week was just CB, SO, and me.

CB mentioned Mardis Gras and I said I'll do dinner with them Tuesday if they have beads.

Anyway, last night we bandied about script ideas for this year's Short Play Festival, but Othello made the announcement of script deadlines super late and no ideas really came together. Maybe next year. Only one author has to be a current student, after all. This Wednesday is SPF auditions, and a lot of us are going to swing by to say hi to Othello and be on standby if there aren't enough students auditioning to keep the show going. This coming weekend is the SPF. We also made plans for a dungeons & dragons night in two weeks. Some of us (like Charlie) are veterans, some have only played once, and some are completely new, so this could be quite the adventure.

I am still tired and not entirely better from the cold and/or whatever else, so I think today is going to be a day where I sit around being a blob. I am ok with this. Working 5 days straight while sick is for the birds, but what can you do? I'd better rest up so I'm ready for the next stretch.

3 comments:

  1. Is... Is that Cthulhu with a heart? I love it :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. "But last week Monday the cold symptoms set in, and I've just felt gross and run down all this week, too." it should be illegal to get a cold.

    i think they probably didn't do because these things are amazing!

    those magnets are amazing. honestly, if those were your first attempts... wow. you are exceptionally talented and gifted.

    dear God. you made that flower fairy? that is amazing. wow.

    that unicorn really is phenomenal. wowowow. all your work is astounding.

    oh i'm hoping you have tonnes of fun with dungeons and dragons. honestly, it's so nice to have a post to read from you. i love your posts.

    do sit around. dear God. going to work sick. i can't imagine how tired you must be!


    comment reply:

    aw, love. don't worry about me. i'll get through with it. in any case, as long as it's not how it used to be, i'm pretty much okay with anything. i keep rereading your comment because you are really really so so sweet.

    thank you so much! love you xxx



    -Sam Lupin

    ReplyDelete